GLOBAL PRIVACY NOTICE
Last Updated: October 6, 2022
In this Privacy Notice, we describe the personal information we process, how we keep it secure and your rights. This Notice covers the personal information that we obtain when you:
- access or use our website at https://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/, www.anastasiabeverlyhills.co.uk, or any other website, application or online service that we operate which includes a link to this Privacy Notice;
- sign up in any of our stores for any of our online services, loyalty programs, or listservs; or
- contact us for customer service (collectively “Services”).
Our websites may include links to third party websites and/or applications of our partners or affiliates that are not owned or operated by us. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please review the privacy policies of third-party websites before you submit any personal information to them. We do not control the privacy practices of these third-party websites or applications.
By using our Services, you agree to the collection and use of your personal information in accordance with this Notice. If you do not feel comfortable with any part of this Notice or our Terms and Conditions, you should not use or access our Services.
We may change this Privacy Notice so as to reflect new laws, new services or for other reasons. When we make a change, we will provide you with notice of such updates as required by applicable law, and will revise the date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of changes to this Privacy Notice will be considered your consent to those changes.
1. Information We Collect From You
Information You Submit. If you buy our products online, register for an online account with us, book an appointment in one of the stores that carry our products, sign up for updates and marketing communications from us, participate in our sweepstakes, surveys, programs or events, request specific product customizations from us, submit a product review on our website, contact us for customer service, or otherwise interact with us via our online services, we may collect the following information about you:
- Contact Information, which may include your name, username, postal address, email address and telephone number. We process this information to communicate with you, including about products and services you have ordered, or to send you updates about our products, services, or campaigns that may be of interest; or when you voluntarily enter to win a contest, sweepstakes or giveaway.
- Order Information and Account Information, which may include your Contact Information, payment card information, billing address, birth day and month, sex or gender, nationality or residence, and the details of the products or services you have ordered, purchased, or requested from us. We process this information to create and manage your account on our website (for example to enable you to access, update and save your preferences to the account); fulfill your orders, including product customization requests.
- Communication Information, which you voluntarily provide to us when making inquiries to customer care, comments on our social media, product reviews on our site, survey feedback, and any other information you submit to us. We use this information to respond to any specific queries you may have when you contact customer care, to understand your preferences so that we can provide you with updates about our products, events, or services that may be of interest, provide you with a more tailored shopping experience, to administer sweepstakes and giveaways, or to improve our product offerings and customer experience based on your responses to a survey or product review.
- Giveaways or Sweepstakes Information, which may include your Contact Information and the details of the giveaway or sweepstakes you have voluntarily entered. We process this information so that you can participate in our giveaway or sweepstakes.
- Social Media Information, which may include your social media interactions with us (e.g., if you “like” or “share” or “comment” on something you see on content we post on our social media accounts, usually located on third-party platforms), and any information you actively provide to us for social media marketing purposes. We process this information to interact with you through social media or email; and administer social media marketing initiatives or social media advertising campaigns.
Information Collected On Our Online Services. When you use our online services, we may collect information from or about the computer, phone or other device on which you have installed, or from which you access, our online services, and information about your usage of our online services, including the following:
- Technical Data, which includes your IP address, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, network and/or service provider, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors.
- Online Usage and Interaction Data, which includes the websites you visited before and after visiting our website, products you viewed or searched for on our online services, length of visits to certain online pages, online page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), methods used to browse away from online pages, your interactions with our marketing emails (such as whether and when you opened an email from us, and whether you clicked a link in the email or forwarded the email), and your interactions with our online ads.
We use this information to provide, maintain, monitor, secure, debug, personalize and optimize our online services to and for you; provide you with customer service and technical assistance; and to generally develop and improve our products and services. We also use technical data that is automatically collected by cookies and related technologies to understand the effectiveness of our ads and social media campaigns.
Information We Receive From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties, such as companies with whom we run competitions and events, organizations we work with, publicly available sources, or information which is published in the media. Depending on your settings or the privacy policies of social media or messaging services that we partner with, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or WhatsApp, we may collect information about you from these sources as well, with your permission.
No Children’s Information: Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly register or otherwise collect personal information from any child under the age of 16 without the prior verifiable consent of the child's parent or guardian. If we become aware that we have accidentally collected information from a child, we will remove that information from our records as soon as feasibly possible (or obtain the necessary parental permission to retain it).
2. How We Use Your Information
We process your personal information, either alone or combined with the personal information collected from others, for the following purposes, as permitted by applicable law:
- Provide Services. To identify you when you visit our website and to fulfill your requests, such as to provide you with Services,
- Improve Service. To understand your preferences so that we can provide you with updates about our products, events, or services that may be of interest, provide you with a more tailored shopping experience, to administer sweepstakes and giveaways, or to improve our product offerings and customer experience based on your responses to a survey or product review.
- Customer Service. To respond to any specific queries you may have when you contact customer care.
- Comply with Legal Obligations. To perform activities necessary to ensure compliance with applicable national, state, provincial and other applicable laws, and to respond to requests from government authorities.
- Security. To detect security incidents, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- Commercial Research and Development. To perform research and undertake analyses to understand preferences or interests about our products and customer experience, to improve products, develop new products, and for product testing.
- Advertising and Marketing Activities. To provide you with marketing communications, updates on special offers or promotions, products and services that we believe you may be interested in, or to administer and let you know about our sweepstakes and giveaways. We may tailor the content of those communications based on our understanding of your preferences.
- Protection of Legal Interests. To protect our legal interests, such as in the event of a complaint or dispute.
- Merger or Sale. In the event that we or some or all of our assets are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control, we may transfer some or all of the personal information that we have collected about you to another organization as part of that transaction.
3. How We Share Your Information
We may share your information with the following types of third parties as permitted by applicable law:
We provide our service providers with access to your personal information so that they may provide services to us, subject to data protection safeguards.
- Our Service Providers and Business Partners: We rely on affiliated and unaffiliated companies, agents and contractors to assist us with the provision of our Services and products, including:
- Online payment and fraud prevention service providers when you make a purchase, for example PayPal and CyberSource in relation out website at https://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/;
- Security and IT infrastructure service providers to keep our online services safe and protected;
- Delivery / logistics service providers, to deliver products you have purchased, for example DHL, FedEx, USPS, and Narvar;
- Customer care services;
- Infrastructure and IT service providers, including cloud service providers to administer our website and your account if you register with us;
- Marketing, advertising and communications agencies to send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you, for example ExactTarget and Social Annex;
- Social media or web platforms to show you products that might interest you while you are browsing the internet, such as on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter;
- Advertising companies who help us understand the effectiveness of our ads and traffic on our online services;
- Providers of services related to some enhanced online features such as customer reviews;
- Providers of website testing and analytics services. For example, we use Google Analytics to perform website analytics. Learn more about how Google collects and uses data here. To opt out of Google Analytics Advertising Features please use Google Ad Settings. To opt out of Google Analytics entirely please use this link; and
- External auditors and advisers.
- Third Parties Permitted or Required by Law. In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to regulators, government agencies, law enforcement or to judicial or administrative authorities either in your country of residence or in a different jurisdiction. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where disclosure is both legally permissible and necessary to protect or defend our rights, for law enforcement purposes, or to enforce our contracts or protect your rights.
- Third Parties Connected with Business Transfers. We may transfer your personal information to third parties in connection with a reorganization, restructuring, merger, acquisition or transfer of assets.
- Marketing Partners. We will only share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes as permitted under the applicable law.
4. How Do We Protection Your Information?
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures intended to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control. For example, when you place an order on our website https://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, an encryption tool that provides security while transmitting information over the Internet.
While we endeavor to protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
Please recognize that protecting your personal information is also your responsibility. We ask you to be responsible for safeguarding your password, and other authentication information you use to access our Services. You should not disclose your authentication information to any third party and should immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password.
Update or Correct. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your personal information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate. We may request information from you to honor your request, such as to ensure proper authentication or to verify the business branch of ours to which the information was provided.
Communication Preferences. We may send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of our site. From time to time we may also send you other messages or updates about Anastasia Beverly Hills, our Site, and promotions or other activities. You may unsubscribe from our marketing emails. You can unsubscribe by emailing us at email@example.com or click on the unsubscribe button on the in the marketing email we send you, or if you have an account with us, you can also unsubscribe by going to the Account Information page on the Anastasia Beverly Hills website, clicking on Newsletters, and unsubscribing to general subscription. Please note that if you have already requested products or services when you decide to unsubscribe, there may be a short period of time for us to update your preferences and ensure that we honor your request. Additionally, you should be aware that any information provided to third-parties prior to your election to unsubscribe will not be retrieved or rescinded, unless required by applicable law.
SMS Delivery Alerts. We offer you the option to receive mobile alerts about their orders via SMS messages. To do so, you will have to provide us with your phone number. Standard message and data rates most apply. SMS updates are unavailable for international phone numbers and for orders shipped via USPS (including domestic PO boxes and Puerto Rico). At any time, you can reply STOP to opt out. You must be 18 years old or older to participate or have parent/guardian permission. To unsubscribe from SMS communications, follow the instructions in the message.
We generally retain your personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes of collection or to comply with applicable law. Otherwise we will try to delete your personal information upon your request or when we no longer need it for the purposes it was originally collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations or to resolve disputes. While retention requirements vary by jurisdiction, information about our typical retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are described below.
- Contact Information such as your name, email address and telephone number for marketing purposes is retained on an ongoing basis until you unsubscribe. Thereafter we will add your details to our suppression list to ensure we do not inadvertently market to you.
- Recording of our telephone calls with you may be kept for a period of up to six years.
- Information collected via technical means such as cookies, webpage counters and other analytics tools is kept for a period of up to one year from expiry of the cookie.
7. Additional Notice to Individuals in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom and Switzerland
This section only applies to individuals using or accessing our Service while located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland (collectively, the “European Countries”) at the time of data collection. We may ask you to identify or select which country you are located in when you use or access some of the Services, or we may rely on your IP address to identify which country you are located in. When we rely on your IP address, we cannot apply the terms of this section to any individual that masks or otherwise hides their location information from us so as not to appear located in European Countries. If any terms in this section conflict with other terms contained in this Notice, the terms in this section shall apply to individuals in a European Country.
Anastasia Beverly Hills is a data controller with regard to any personal information collected from individuals accessing or using its Services, with the exception of any personal information collected in relation to the sales of products via the website at www.anastasiabeverlyhills.co.uk. A data controller is an entity that determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information is processed.
For more information on the privacy policies of our partners who act as independent data controllers, please direct your inquiries to:
The Hut.com Limited
5th Floor, Voyager House
Chicago Avenue, Manchester Airport
DHL International N.V. / S.A.
1831 Diegem Belgium
BE 0406 796 224
Ingenico eCommerce Solutions SPRL (a Contracted Controller for the Fraud Expert tool)
Boulevard de la Woluwe, 102
1200 Brussels Belgium
European Merchant Services B.V.
Paypal Europe SARL & Cie, SCA
5th Floor, 22-24 Boulevard Royal
R.C.S Luxemburg B 118 349
Marketing. We will only contact you if you are located in a European Country by electronic means based on our legitimate interests, as permitted by applicable law or with your consent. If you do not want us to use your personal information for marketing, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our email messages to you or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can object to direct marketing at any time and free of charge.
Legal Bases for Processing. We rely on the following legal bases in processing your personal information. The legal basis to process personal information to provide our Services to you, improve our Services, and to provide customer service, and when we share information with our service providers and business partners is based on our contract obligations or to take steps at the request of the individual prior to entering into a contract. When we process your information for commercial research and development, advertising and marketing, and when we share information with third parties connected with business transfers it is based on our legitimate interest to better understand you, to maintain and improve the accuracy of the information we store about you, and to better promote or optimize our Services. When we process your information to comply with laws, to protect legal interests and when we share information with third parties as permitted or required by law, it is to comply with our legal obligations, the public interest, or in your vital interests. When we share information with marketing partners it is based on your consent.
Individual Rights. We provide you with the rights described below when you use our Services. We may limit your individual rights requests: (a) where denial of access is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting access would have a negative impact on other’s privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; or (d) where the request is frivolous or unrealistic. If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com if you have an account with us via the website at https://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/, and if you have an account with us via the website at www.anastasiabeverlyhills.co.uk, you can contact our customer services team by logging on to your account via our Help Centre.
- You can request access or deletion of your personal information.
- You can correct or update your personal information, object to processing or your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If you have an account with us via the website at https://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/, you may be able to correct or update your personal information by visiting the Account Information page on that website.
- If you have an account with us via the website at www.anastasiabeverlyhills.co.uk, you may have the ability to update some or all of your personal information directly via our services or by contacting our customer services team by logging on to your account via our Help Centre.
- If we collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your personal information, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects on you. We do not conduct such automated processing.
If you believe we have infringed or violated your privacy rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
8. Additional Notice to Individuals in Australia
This section provides additional information to individuals located in Australia at the time their personal information is collected by us. You may request to correct or update any of your personal information in our files. We may provide you with the ability to update some or all of your personal information directly via our services or by contacting us our customer services team by logging on to your account via our Help Centre. If you request that your information be corrected, and we do not agree that it is incorrect, we may refuse to update that information. In such a scenario, we will provide written notice of our refusal to do so within 30 days and upon your request, will place a statement of what you allege is correct where your personal information is kept and accessed.
9. International Transfers
When you access or use our Services, your personal information may be processed in the United States, the United Kingdom, or any other country in which Anastasia Beverly Hills, its affiliates, or service providers maintain facilities. Such countries or jurisdictions may have data protection laws that are less protective than the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside. If you do not want your information transferred to, processed, or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should immediately stop accessing or using the Services.
We transfer your personal information subject to appropriate safeguards as permitted under the data protection laws. When we transfer the personal information collect from individuals located in one of the out of the European Countries, we will ensure that the recipients are subject to appropriate safeguards as permitted under the applicable data protection laws, e.g. by entering into appropriate data transfer agreements on the basis of UK International Data Transfer Agreement, EU Standard Contractual Clauses, or by reliance upon the Article 49 GDPR derogations or corresponding derogations under the Swiss Data Protection Act, as applicable. A copy of the respective appropriate safeguards are available upon request.
10. Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
Categories of Cookies. Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and these types enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. The main categories of cookies we use include:
- Strictly Necessary. These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the online services and use its features and ensuring the security of your online transactions with us and online access to our website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as completing a transaction, cannot be provided.
- Performance. These cookies allow us to count the number of visitors and collect information about how visitors use a web site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information these cookies collect is used to improve how a website works and the user experience.
- Functionality. These cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to our website and allows the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name). These cookies may be used to personalize your shopping experience and enable you to use certain functions, to deliver ads which might be relevant to you, or for us to conduct internal testing on what works best for our customers. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as watching a video. The information these cookies collect is de-identified (i.e. it does not contain your name, address, account details, etc.) and they do not track your browsing activity across other websites.
- Targeting/Marketing.: These cookies make marketing messages more relevant to you. We or a third-party advertising network may collect information relating to your browsing history and interests to tailor relevant advertising to you. The advertisement network partner may use marketing cookies to collect usage, navigational or other data about your activities on our websites and mobile applications to provide you targeted advertising based upon your interests, limit the number of times you see the same advertisement on our websites or mobile applications and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Example: retargeting cookies for ad networks.
- to enable basic functioning of our website or to fix any technical issue through gathering relevant technical data;
- for web analytics to improve our website (structure, features, accessibility and usability, content) or to fix any technical issue through gathering relevant technical data;
- to enable certain basic functions of online browsing and shopping with us (for example, save information you generated or provided on our website such as preferred items, items placed in the cart, billing address to save time and effort when you next return to our website or shop with us);
- to monitor the effectiveness of our online ads and marketing (by recording your interactions with our ads on third-party websites, our social media platforms or our marketing emails); and
- to learn more about your preferences and Internet browsing tastes to provide you with tailored advertising (you certainly don't want to hear from us about something you are not interested in).
How to Manage Your Cookies. The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this. If you do not want the benefit of cookies, there is a simple procedure to manually delete your cookies at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html, but please visit the links below to opt-out of marketing cookies from over 50+ major third party behavioral advertising providers:
- Network Advertising Initiative: www.NetworkAdvertising.org/choices/
- Digital Advertising Alliance: www.aboutads.info/choices/
Please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it may affect the user experience.
Do Not Track Signals. Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to Do Not Track signals or other mechanisms, which means that we collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Services and after you leave our Services.
11. How To Contact Us
If you have an account with us via the website www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/, to exercise any of your privacy rights, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the data processing practices outlined herein in relation to, please contact us as follows:
- By email at email@example.com; or
- By post at Consumer Relations, Anastasia Beverly Hills, LLC, 10635 Santa Monica Blvd, Ste 300 Los Angeles CA 90025
If you have an account with us via the website at www.anastasiabeverlyhills.co.uk, to exercise any of your privacy rights, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or the data processing practices outlined herein in relation to, please contact The Hut.com Limited customer services team by logging on to your account via the Help Centre. If they need to contact you, they will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provide to them in your order.